Fukuoka Realty Co., Ltd. (the “Company”) recognizes the importance of protecting personal information, in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure (the “Numbers Act”), other related laws and regulations and guidelines prepared by competent authorities (including regulations designated by The Investment Trust Association, Japan), as our social responsibility and commitment. Based on this thinking, we implement the following policies.
Ⅰ. Fair Acquisition of Personal Information
1. Collection of Personal Information
The Company shall acquire personal information through legal and fair means, and shall not acquire personal information by false or improper means. When it intends to acquire personal information indirectly from any third party, it will not do so if the information provider is suspected to have obtained such information in an illegal manner.
2. Collection of Individual Numbers
Notwithstanding the provisions of above 1, the Company may ask individuals or other practitioners of operations related to the individual numbers to provide the individual numbers of their own (for the former) or those they possess (for the latter), only when it is necessary to do so for administering operations designated in II. 2 below. In such cases, the Company will make the request at the time when necessity arises for the purpose of administrating the said operations or when the said operations are projected to occur.
3. Personal Identification
When accepting the individual numbers, the Company shall identify the individuals by using the methods designated in Article 16 of the Numbers Act. As for proxies, the Company shall identify the relevant proxies, confirm their authority of proxy, and check their individual numbers based on the methods designated in the said Article.
Ⅱ. Purposes of Using Personal Information
1. Purposes of Using Personal Information
The Company shall use personal information only within the scope necessary for achieving the following objectives.
- 1) Exercise rights and perform duties as designated in laws and regulations
- 2) Prepare various reports pursuant to laws and regulations
- 3) Prepare for the issuance of investment units through public offering and issuance of corporate bonds for Fukuoka REIT Corporation (the “Investment Corporation”) by which the Company is entrusted with asset management, and respond to inquiries, etc. on investment units
- 4) Conduct operations regarding property acquisitions, property transfers and property management, as well as operations incidental to these, for the Investment Corporation
- 5) Implement other operations incidental or related to each of the above items
2. Purposes of Using Individual Numbers
Notwithstanding the provisions of the above 1, the Company may utilize individual numbers for the following purposes.
- (1) Operations related the individual numbers of customers, business partners and shareholders
- 1) Prepare records on the payments of compensations, fees, etc. pursuant to the Income Tax Act
- 2) Prepare records on the payments of dividends, surplus or interests pursuant to the Income Tax Act
- 3) Prepare records on the payment of use fees for real estate, etc. pursuant to the Income Tax Act
- 4) Prepare records on the payment of considerations for acquiring real estate, etc. pursuant to the Income Tax Act
- 5) Implement other operations related to 1) through 4) above, and prepare statutory records, etc. in which indication of individual numbers is required pursuant to provisions of laws and regulations
- (2) Operations related the individual numbers of the Company’s officers, employees and their relatives
- 1) Implement matters related to tax withdrawals to be performed by employers pursuant to the Income Tax Act
- 2) Implement matters related to individual inhabitant’s tax to be performed by employers pursuant to the Local Tax Act
- 3) Implement matters related to employment insurance to be performed by employers pursuant to the Employment Insurance Act
- 4) Implement matters related to employees’ health insurance (coverage and benefits payment) to be performed by employers pursuant to the Health Insurance Act
- 5) Implement matters related to employees’ pension insurance (coverage) to be performed by employers pursuant to the Employees’ Pension Insurance Act
- 6) Implement other operations related to 1) through 5) above, and prepare statutory records, etc. in which indication of individual numbers is required pursuant to provisions of laws and regulations
- (3) Operations related to the above two paragraphs for the Investment Corporation by which the Company is entrusted with asset management
Ⅲ. Provision to Third Parties
1. Provision of Personal data to Third Parties
The Company shall not provide personal data to any third party without prior consent of the person concerned, except when legally required to do so, etc.
2. Provision of Specific Personal Information to Third Parties
Notwithstanding the provisions of the above 1, the Company shall not provide specific personal information to any third party except for the cases stipulated in each item of Article 19 of the Numbers Act.
Ⅳ. Entrustment of Operations
Ⅴ. Appropriate Management of Personal Information
The Company shall implement appropriate measures for the security of collected personal information, and take reasonable measures to prevent any illegal access, alteration, destruction, leakage or loss of such information.
Ⅵ. Disclosure, Correction, Deletion and Termination of Use of Personal Information
The Company shall manage the collected personal information to keep it accurate and updated as much as possible. Upon request by the concerned person regarding such retained personal data regarding personal information as may lead to the identification of the person concerned, the Company shall follow relevant laws and ordinances to notification of purpose of use, disclose, correct, delete, terminate use of or take any other measures with regard to the information after confirming the identity of the person.
For questions, requests for disclosure or correction, complaints or other inquiries, regarding personal information, please contact the following:
Fukuoka Realty Co., Ltd.
Address: 2-25 1-Chome, Sumiyoshi, Hakata Ward, Fukuoka City, Fukuoka, Japan
Telephone: +81-92-272-3900 (pilot number)
Business hours: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm Japan Time (excluding weekends, national holidays and year-end/new-year holidays)
For correction, addition or deletion regarding the content of the unitholders’ register, please contact the Administrator for Unitholders' Register for the Investment Corporation indicated below:
The Sumitomo Trust and Banking Company, Limited Stock Transfer Agency Department
Telephone: 0120-782-031 (toll free in Japan)
Business hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Japan Time (excluding weekends, national holidays and year-end/new-year holidays)
Ⅷ. Contact for Complaints to Personal Information Protection Organization
The Company is affiliated with The Investment Trusts Association, Japan, which has been recognized as a Personal Information Protection Organization by the Financial Services Agency. The Investors Consultation Office of The Investment Trusts Association, Japan accepts complaints and provides consultation on the handling of personal information by affiliated companies.
Investors Consultation Office
The Investment Trusts Association, Japan
Address: 6F Tokyo Stock Exchange Bldg., 2-1, Nihonbashi-kabutocho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
Business hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Japan Time (excluding weekends, national holidays and holidays designated by the Association)
Ⅸ. Continual Improvement
(Implemented on June 1, 2006)
(Revised on August 1, 2010)
(Revised on June 10, 2014)
(Revised on March 1, 2016)
(Revised on May 30, 2017)